As a front running learning company, Sanoma Learning has an impact on the lives of millions every day. We provide learning solutions that are developed with pupils’ and teachers’ interests in mind. Our solutions help teachers to be efficient and to be able to concentrate on their most valuable competence – teaching. We help pupils to get ahead and to unleash their whole potential.
Within Sanoma Learning (SL), the Technology department is responsible for the digital strategy, innovation and digital transformation as well as for the automation of business processes. The SL Technology department focusses on supporting the Sanoma Learning companies while leveraging synergy. This is done by developing common services and technology assets. Next to executing custom software-development, standard applications are integrated according to agile principles. Are you looking for a challenge and will you help us in realizing our ambition? To support us in realizing our ambitions, we are looking for a:
The mission of architecture team is to guide the development of our product- and technology landscape towards a harmonized set of products and decompose the products into manageable services. To do this the architects collaborates with Product Managers, Product Owners, RTEs and teams in the SAFe release trains we have implemented, give guidance to the development teams and collaborate with the colleagues in the international architecture team on defining reference architecture. The architecture team exists of 11 people. You’ll report to the Lead Architect.
- Define solutions within the roadmap following the agreed architecture principles and guidelines
- Provide (technical) recommendations to stakeholders at Sanoma Learning
- Align designs and solutions with the different stakeholders, teams and initiatives throughout the organization
- Analyze the technical condition and the functional use of components, platforms and applications in the light of business- and technology developments
- Contribute in the creation and enforcement of principles, policies and guidelines for developing learning applications
- Propose initiatives to create, upgrade or replace components and platforms
- Develop the architecture documentation that describes a part of the architecture to be realized within a project
- Review project deliverables on compliance to the project start architecture
- Participate in projects to promote the implementation of the project start architecture in the design of the business application
- Participate in determining a long-term vision on the architecture of the learning platforms based on the business and IT strategy
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in e.g. Computer Science or Business Information Management
- At least five years of experience as solution architect in a web development environment
- Driving force during the development of the solution architecture
- Team player with an agile architecture mindset
- Knowledge of TOGAF, ArchiMate and design patterns
- Knowledge of Java and Java frameworks is a benefit
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with (micro) services or modular development
- Experience in working in an international environment
- Mastering the English language
Sanoma Learning offers you an interesting and diverse position in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere. The Solution Architect will receive a competitive salary plus benefits.
If this position appeals to you, please send an e-mail with your Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Do not hesitate to contact if you have more questions.More information about Sanoma Learning can be found at www.sanomalearning.com or Linkedin.Acquisition in response to this vacancy will not be appreciated.