Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 20 million students in eleven countries. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. Our methodologies have been developed based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
With 650 employees spread over 60 teams across Europe, Sanoma Learning's Technology department contributes to our company's goal of helping students reach their full potential with our best-in-class learning solutions. Together, we innovate and contribute to an ever-changing world of education, and we all share a deep-rooted passion for education. Every day, our methods and technology have the ability to positively impact millions of young minds across Europe. Being part of our Technology organisation, you will join the largest cross-cultural community of Sanoma Learning and contribute to the digital transformation and future of education in Europe.Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.comWe are currently looking for a…
Release Train Engineer (RTE)
About the team
Our Enterprise Technology team is responsible for development and support of the back office applications. As our organization is in transition, we want a Release Train Engineer capable of driving improvement in close connection and collaboration with our distributed teams. Next to this role, you will also support the Order-To-Cash team as Scrum Master.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train (ART)
- Lead program increment planning sessions to establish PI Objectives and PI Program Board with milestones and delivery dates.
- Collaborate with domain leads (part of product management) and domain architect to understand program features and drive Enterprise Technology release train delivery.
- Partner and collaborate with Agile Release Train (ART) team stakeholders, vendors and dependent teams.
- Manage and facilitate cross-functional team ceremonies to support development and application releases.
- Escalate and track team impediments, manage risks and dependencies, drive continuous improvement.
- Scrum master of one of the teams (Order-to-Cash)
- Coach stakeholders, teams, Scrum Masters in Agile/SAFe practices and mindsets
- Cooperate with the RTE’s for the other ART’s in Sanoma Learning. Thus, linking to the Portfolio level within the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university.
- 5+ years of experience in leading Information Technology projects.
- 2+ years of experience in delivering large scale IT solutions leveraging Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), preferably as release train engineer.
- Proven experience working in an international setting with distributed application development teams
- Proven experience in coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets.
- Proven experience in supplier management.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Attitude that meets our Sanoma values: engage others, share views, look ahead and make it happen.
For questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Anne KylmäläApplication To announce your interest in the vacancy, please share your motivation letter and CV with firstname.lastname@example.org .