Tax Manager | Netherlands & Belgium
Sanoma Learning is the leading European learning company, serving over 25 million students in twelve countries. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their potential. We offer printed and digital learning materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education. The development of our methodologies is based on deep teacher and student insight and really understanding their needs. By combining our educational technologies and pedagogical expertise, we create learning products and services with the highest learning impact.
Sanoma Learning is part of Sanoma Group, an innovative and agile learning and media company, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. For more information: www.sanoma.com / www.sanomalearning.com.
We are currently looking for a
Tax Manager | Netherland & Belgium
to join our educational family and to strengthen our Group Tax department. In this role you will report to Sanoma’s Head of Tax in Finland. This is a full-time position. Location for this position is in the Netherlands, where we provide office premises in Den Bosch and Ede. Hybrid work possibilities are available for our employees.
Your main responsibilities within Netherlands/Belgium region will include
- ensuring compliance with Group Tax Policy
- ensuring all local tax obligations are met (incl. fiscal unity calculations)
- providing tax advice and day-to-day assistance with tax matters
- assisting in quarterly IFRS tax accounting
- managing local tax audits
- drafting appeals if needed
- assisting in M&A and restructuring projects
- assisting in transfer pricing related topics and documentation
- maintaining a good relationship with the local tax authorities
- monitoring developments in local tax legislation and practice
- co-operating with external advisors when needed
- leading and assisting in global development projects related to tax
- working together with local management, finance and business teams
We require following education & experience
- Master’s degree in taxation, accountancy or law
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in working with taxation (e.g. industry or Big4)
- Experience with Dutch fiscal unity region
- Experience with IFRS tax accounting principles is an advantage. Willingness to further develop in this area.
- Experience with tax and finance related software tools is an advantage
- Fluency in Dutch and English language
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills coupled with an ability of getting things done
- Accuracy and attention to details, hands on and “can do” - attitude
- Strong motivation and positive attitude, able to manage in a changing environment
- Strong in collaborating, capable of both teamwork and working independently
- Confident oral and written communicator with strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Effective in dealing with people at all levels including ability to interact with senior management.
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
Interested? Please send your online application, including salary request and CV in English via this form latest by 1 October 2023. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable person has been found so apply now!
If you have any questions, please contact Head of Tax Marika Taponen, email@example.com.
Apply between 12 September 2023 and 1 October 2023 23:59 (Europe/Amsterdam)
Employment type: Permanent